This module offers advice and support to help practitioners deal effectively and positively with the behaviour of young children. The focus is on what commonly causes challenging behaviours and share strategies to help you support children effectively.
The module is a mixed media presentation which will guide you through key messages in a clear, straightforward and interesting way. Video and audio are used to explain and illustrate important learning points making it an effective and time saving tool to help you understand more about children’s behaviour. You can work at your own pace and revisit the module as often as you like in order to complete your learning.
On completion of the module you will be emailed your certificate key course documents, as well as any notes that you took during the module, for you to keep and refer to as you wish.
By the end of this training, you should:
- Have an understanding of how a child’s stage of development can impact on their behaviour and know more about what to expect.
- Be aware of the causes of children’s behaviour; good and bad!
- Have considered whether behaviour is worse today than in the past.
- Have a wide range of strategies at your fingertips to help you encourage positive behaviour.
- Have a framework within which to look at and target more persistent, challenging behaviours.
- Know about the 10 golden rules!
- Have a useful range of reference information and websites to dip into as you wish.
- All managers, practitioners, support staff or volunteers who work with or for children and their families.
- Parents and carers who would like to learn a bit more about the causes, and potential solutions, to their children’s challenging behaviours.
- Please note there is a shorter module which includes only some of the information from this course. This is designed for parents who want to focus mainly on strategies and omits background information found within this version of the model.