Through interactive content, films, interviews, links to guidance and support materials and a few simple tasks to help consolidate your learning, this module will help all those working with children and young people to:
- Explore and be more aware of three resources – ‘The British Heart Foundation Active Pack’, ‘The British Heart Foundation – Early Movers Resource Booklets’ and Education Scotland’s ‘Significant Aspects of Learning’.
- Identify how we can use the British Heart Foundation – Early Movers Resource Booklets and Significant Aspects of Learning in practice to support how we plan for and facilitate physical play for children of all ages and stages that is fun, active and inclusive.
The module is a mixed media presentation which will guide you through key messages in a clear, straightforward and interesting way. Video and audio are used to explain and illustrate important learning points making it an effective and time-saving tool to help you understand more about effective child plans. You can work at your own pace and revisit the module as often as you like in order to complete your learning.
Throughout the module, there will be opportunity to download/print useful documents and on completion of the module, you will be able to download/print your course certificate.
Towards the end, there will be a ‘pop up’ evaluation form for you to complete. The evaluation is a set of 8 simple questions, 7 are tick box style, one asks for a brief comment. Your feedback is important to us to inform course review and development.
- All Managers, practitioners, community groups, support staff or volunteers who work with or for children and young people and their families delivering high-quality play opportunities
- Parent, carers and significant family adults in children’s families
- Those considering a career in childcare