This module provides an introduction to the national guidance developed to support implementation of aspects of the Children and Young People’s Act 2014 and is highly relevant for all those working with and for young children and families in Scotland.
The module is a mixed media presentation which will guide you through key messages in a clear, straightforward and interesting way. Video and audio are used to explain and illustrate important learning points making it an effective and time saving tool to help you get to grips with this important document.
By the end of this training, you should:
- Have an awareness of some key aspects and implications of the Children and Young People’s Act 2014.
- Have gained a better understanding of Building the Ambition and how this links with and builds on previous national guidance.
- Understand more about children’s development across three broad stages in their early years.
- Be aware of the ‘drivers’ of high quality provision and learning and know how to support this through quality interactions.
- Be familiar with the ‘Wellbeing indicators’ and ‘My World Triangle’ and know how to make effective use of these to support children and families.
- Have had time to consider the implications of this guidance for your practice.
- All Managers, practitioners, support staff or volunteers who work with or for children and young people and their families within Early Learning and Childcare.
- Anyone who is considering working in Early Learning and Childcare in Scotland.
- Parents or carers who are interested in learning more about the national guidance for Early Learning and Childcare.