This is a basic introduction to Practice Guidance and Child Protection for all staff, volunteers or others who have any contact with Children and Families, including those working within adult services.
The module is a mixed media presentation which will guide you through key messages in a clear, straightforward and interesting way. Video and audio are used to explain and illustrate important learning points making it an effective and time-saving tool to help raise your awareness of Child Protection and the role everyone should play in keeping children safe.
- Understand what is meant by ‘it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect children’ and ‘Getting It Right For Every Child’
- Be familiar with the role of the Named Person
- Be more familiar with the signs, indicators and types of child abuse and neglect
- Feel more confident about what to do if a child discloses abuse to you
- Know their roles and responsibilities in contributing to the protection of children
- Know when to seek appropriate supervision/ support and where to find this
- Understand how to make use of the ‘My World Triangle’
- All staff or volunteers who have contact with children and/ or families no matter how minimal.
- Anyone who has not received child protection training previously or within the past 3 years.
- Anyone new to working with children and families in Scotland.
- Parents or carers who are interested in learning more about the Scottish Practice Model which promotes children’s wellbeing.